Aka.ms/XBoxSetup: The XBox One is a popular game console that came out in 2013. It replaced the XBox 360. It currently works with almost 3000 different kinds of console games. Microsoft also made the Windows OS and the first games in the XBox family.
To set up your XBox One completely, you must go to aka.ms/xboxsetup on your mobile device. You will also need to get the XBox mobile app for this process. This guide’ll show you a detailed, step-by-step way to set up your XBox One from the aka.ms/xboxsetup website.
What is Aka.ms/XBoxSetup?
The aka.ms/xboxsetup site lets you digitally set up your XBox One console. You have to do this if you have a new console and want to update your XBox through the XBox app on your phone.
It’s also faster, and you can connect your console to your phone. It’s a different way to update your XBox One system if you don’t want to wait too long for the console to do it automatically.
How to Completely Set Up your XBox One Console using the Aka.ms/XBoxSetup
You will need a working Android or Apple phone and a stable Wi-Fi connection to do this. Also, do everything the right way to set up your XBox One.
Important: Write down the alphanumeric code below the link, which is the activation code. You’ll need this when you use the XBox mobile app to set up your XBox One.
Step 1: Download and install the XBox mobile app
- Depending on your phone type, you can get the XBox mobile app from the App Store (iOS) or the Google Play Store (Android).
- Type “XBox mobile app” into the search bar and click “Install.”
- Once the app is downloaded, open it.
- Go to Set up a Console if you are a new user.
- If you are already signed in, tap the Console icon in the top right corner of the Home Screen and choose Set up a console.
- Then, enter the activation code on the Set up with the XBox app screen.
Step 2: Connect the App to your Console
- In this step, you will see a message that says, “XBox wants to join WiFi network [your network]”. Choose Join from the menu.
- Tap Next when the console is hooked up.
Tip: To connect your console, you can scan the QR code on the screen.
Go to this link if your console can’t connect to your phone because of an error.
Step 3: Select your Location and Language
When you set up your XBox One, you need to know your country and Language to have a more personalized experience. If your Language isn’t one of the choices, you can choose English or another language you know well.
After you connect your console to the internet, you can download the first system update, giving you more languages to choose from. Tap Next once you’ve chosen your Language.
Tip: In the future, you can change your Language by pressing the Xbox button and going to Profile & System > Settings > System. Then click on Language and Location.
Step 4: Connect your console to the Internet
In this step, you can connect your XBox One with a wire or wirelessly.
During the physical setup, you will be automatically connected if you plug a network cable into your console. Click Next to keep setting up your digital device.
But if the console doesn’t find any connection, you’ll have to choose a network. On the screen that says “Let’s get your console on the internet,” you can choose:
- Use wired connection: If you already have a network or Ethernet cable connected to your console and choose this option, the Network Connection Troubleshooter will launch to fix network errors about why your wired connection wasn’t properly detected.
- Choose one of the wireless networks from the list – All wireless or Wi-Fi connections found will be listed in order of how strong their signals are. If you have a Wi-Fi network at home, it should be at the top of the list.
- Once your console is connected to the internet, you will be taken to the “It’s all good” screen. Click the Next button.
Go to this link if you have trouble connecting your console to Wi-Fi.
Step 5: Update your XBox
Now that your console can connect to the internet, you need to download the most recent system update before you use it for the first time. Choose Console Update to get the file.
Tip: If you have trouble connecting and need to do this later, click the X in the upper right corner of the screen. Remember that you need the first update to set up your XBox digitally.
The console will restart once the update is done. You can also keep setting up the other parts of your digital setup while the console downloads the update.
Step 6: Select a Power Option
In this step, you can choose from the following options:
- Energy-saving: This option turns off the console after every use instead of putting it in Sleep mode. Also, it takes longer for the console to start up, and you can only turn it on by pressing the Xbox button on the controller or on the console itself.
- Choose “Instant-On” if you want your console to go to sleep instead of turning it off every time you use it. While in Sleep mode, it does automatic updates and wakes up faster, but this uses more power.
Press the Xbox button and go to Profile & System > Settings > General > Power mode & startup if you want to change this setting later.
Step 7: Select Automatic Updates
In this step, you can choose which updates your XBox console should get automatically. If you check all the boxes, your system, games, and apps will get the latest updates as soon as they become available.
Press the Xbox button and go to Profile & System > Settings > System > Updates to get to this setting later.
Step 8: Give your console a name and Create an Account
When you have more than one console on your network, giving each one a unique name is a good idea. After putting in a name, click the Next button.
On the screen that says “Let’s get you signed in,” click “Next” to start signing in. You can sign in now if you already have a Microsoft account. If you don’t already have one, choose Make One!
Step 9: Choose Sign-in and Security Preferences
In this step, you can pick from three ways to sign in:
- No Limits: Choose this if you want to be able to sign in to your account without any limits. It lets anyone use your account to buy or change how things work. This is a good idea for a console for the whole family.
- If you choose “Ask for my passkey,” you must set up a 6-digit code for your account. This is a safer option. Every time you sign in, you will need to enter this code.
- Lock it down: If you want to keep your account private, click this. Before you can sign in, you will need your password.
If you forget your password, use the https://www.microsoft.com/link code to sign in and get your account back.
Step 10: Turn on Notifications and Cue up other apps
In the next steps, you’ll be asked if you want to turn on the Remote Features, connect to social networks, and pre-install other apps.
- If you want to pre-install an app, you can choose one from the list that appears. Once your console installs all updates, these will be added to the list.
- You can link your Facebook and Steam accounts to find and add more friends through the “Suggested friends” list. To do this, just turn on permissions for both accounts.
Also, choose “Allow notifications” to get invites and messages from your friends.
Step 11: Connect your XBox controller
The XBox mobile app will let you know when the update is done so you can connect your wireless controller. Follow these steps if you have your XBox Wireless Controller ready:
- Just put two AA batteries in your XBox Wireless Controller to turn it on.
- Press and hold the Pair button on the controller and console to connect them. The pair button is on the back of your controller and the front of the console (next to the USB port).
- Press the XBox button on your controller to turn it on. It will connect to your console on its own. On the screen for setting up, choose the Update Controller.
- Then, pick “Next.”
Tip: Click this link if you are having trouble updating your controllers.
Step 12: Enable TV Settings
Note that the original XBox One doesn’t work with 4K. So, skip this step if you are setting up an original Xbox One console or your TV doesn’t support 4K.
Your console gaming experience is better with a 4K display. For this option to work, you need a 4K TV and an XBox Series X|S, XBox One X, or XBox One S console. Choose “Enable” to let the console see if your TV can handle 4K. You can keep going with the setup process even if the feature doesn’t work on your TV.
If you’re having trouble connecting your console to a 4K TV, click here for more information.
So, that’s all! You can start using your XBox One immediately by clicking the “Take me home” button.
To play on your XBox One smoothly and to your preferences, you must set it up. But you might get confused with all the settings you have to make. So, this guide should help you set up your XBox One digitally using the XBox One mobile app.
FAQs – Aka.ms/XBoxSetup
What is Aka.ms/XBoxSetup and how does it relate to Xbox setup?
Microsoft has made it easy to get to the Xbox setup process by shortening the URL to aka.ms/XBoxSetup. When you type this URL into your web browser, it will take you to the official Xbox setup page, where you can find step-by-step instructions on how to set up your Xbox console.
Is Aka.ms/XBoxSetup a legitimate website?
Aka.ms/XBoxSetup is a real website that Microsoft makes available. It is a shortened URL made to make it easier to get to the official Xbox setup page. Before entering any personal or sensitive information, you should always check the URL to ensure you’re on the official Microsoft website.
Can I set up my Xbox without using Aka.ms/XBoxSetup?
You don’t have to use Aka.ms/XBoxSetup to set up your Xbox. The shortened URL helps you get to the official setup page quickly, but you can also set up your Xbox by going to the Microsoft Xbox website or using other methods that Microsoft recommends.
What information do I need to provide during the Xbox setup process?
During the setup process for your Xbox, you will be asked for different kinds of information, such as your Microsoft account credentials, network connection information, and personal preferences. You may also need to make any updates, set up your privacy settings, and choose your language and location.
What should I do if I encounter issues while using Aka.ms/XBoxSetup?
You can take a few steps if you have any problems with Aka.ms/XBoxSetup. First, make sure that your internet connection is stable. If the problem persists, try going to the setup page with a different device or web browser. If you’re still having trouble, go to the Xbox support website or call Microsoft’s customer service for more help.